Monday, June 16, 2014

Roasted Curry Wings with a Honey Ginger Citrus Glaze



Chicken wings and curry. Not a combination you hear of often, but today I had a craving for curry chicken, and all I had on hand were wings. My go-to curry is more of a saucy mix of meat with potatoes and gravy. It is absolutely delicious and usually made with every other part of the chicken except the wing. Wings don't lend themselves well to soups and stews so I had to come up with something else. I had wings and I wanted curry so I went on the hunt for a recipe. I ended up blending a few recipes and this is what I came up with:

Roasted Curry Wings with a Honey Ginger Citrus Glaze

3 lbs wings, cut into pieces
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 tbsp salt
6 tbsp curry powder
1/2 cup honey
Juice & zest from 6 limes (or 4 lemons) or about 1/2 cup of lime (or lemon) juice
1 tbsp powdered ginger


Put the wings in a bowl and drizzle with oil, turning to coat them well. Add the curry powder and the salt. Turn the wings again to coat them with the seasoning. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Line a roasting pan or baking dish with foil (Makes for easier cleanup). Place the wings in the lined pan in a single layer. Bake at 425 for 45 - 50 minutes, or until they are cooked.

While the wings are baking, combine the honey, ginger, lime juice & lime zest in a small sauce pan. Heat until the mixture is just warmed through, or until it just starts to simmer. Don’t boil! Turn off the stove and let the honey mixture steep.
When the wings are cooked, finish them under the broiler (you can also place them on the grill), until they’re nicely browned. When done, pour the honey sauce over them, turning the wings to coat. Place on a platter and serve immediately.



These turned out so much better than I expected. They're definitely a staple on my menu as of now. I just know that you will love them just as much as my family did.

Enjoy!

Ash  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment